Planetary Systems Laboratory (693) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- With launch only 15 months away, NASA’s OSIRIS-REx team is preparing to deliver instruments for integration with the spacecraft that will travel to, and collect a sample from, an asteroid.
- NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has detected a stratosphere, one of the primary layers of Earth’s atmosphere, on a massive and blazing-hot exoplanet known as WASP-33b.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- NASA announced the creation of the Nexus for Exoplanet Systems Science network that will study planets beyond our solar system for habitability, tapping the expertise of researchers at GISS and GSFC.
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- Saturn's northern storm marches through the planet's atmosphere in the top right of this false-color mosaic from NASA's Cassini spacecraft.