Planetary Systems Laboratory (693) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- It can take decades to mature an astrophysics flagship mission from concept to launch pad. Given the long lead times, it’s time to lay plans for a future flagship mission.
- New computer modeling by Goddard scientists shows that friction could be the key to survival for some distant Earth-sized planets traveling in dangerous orbits.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- In a free public lecture on June 26, Goddard scientist Carrie Anderson will discuss possibilities for the future of Saturn’s moon Titan once the Sun expands into a red giant and becomes more luminous.
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- Saturn's northern storm marches through the planet's atmosphere in the top right of this false-color mosaic from NASA's Cassini spacecraft.