Planetary Systems Laboratory (693) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- OSIRIS-REx spacecraft will travel to the near-Earth asteroid Bennu to harvest a sample, ideally from a region in which the building blocks of life may be found.
- Using NASA's Hubble Space Telescope, astronomers have conducted the first search for atmospheres around temperate, Earth-sized planets beyond our solar system.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- A lightweight telescope that NASA scientists and engineers are developing specifically for CubeSats could become the first to carry a mirror made of carbon nanotubes in an epoxy resin.
There are no Reports available at this time.
See Laboratory News Archive »
This year’s finalists for the Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medal include Goddard scientist Dennis Reuter and his team, nominated for contributions to the New Horizons mission, which flew past Pluto in July 2015.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- Saturn's northern storm marches through the planet's atmosphere in the top right of this false-color mosaic from NASA's Cassini spacecraft.