Planetary Systems Laboratory (693) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- Planetary scientists make preparations to send a telescope high into the stratosphere by balloon to observe Jupiter and other bodies during a 24-hour flight.
- NASA’s OSIRIS-REx asteroid sample return mission began its countdown on December 9 at 7:43 p.m. EST, marking 999 days remaining until the opening of the mission’s launch window in September 2016.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- NASA researchers will present new findings on a wide range of Earth and space science topics next week at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union (AGU).
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- Saturn's northern storm marches through the planet's atmosphere in the top right of this false-color mosaic from NASA's Cassini spacecraft.