Planetary Systems Laboratory (693) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- The OSIRIS-REx team has been given the go-ahead to begin building the spacecraft, flight instruments and ground system, and launch support facilities.
- Planetary scientists make preparations to send a telescope high into the stratosphere by balloon to observe Jupiter and other bodies during a 24-hour flight.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- NASA’s OSIRIS-REx asteroid sample return mission began its countdown on December 9 at 7:43 p.m. EST, marking 999 days remaining until the opening of the mission’s launch window in September 2016.
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- Saturn's northern storm marches through the planet's atmosphere in the top right of this false-color mosaic from NASA's Cassini spacecraft.