Planetary Systems Laboratory (693) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- NASA announced the creation of the Nexus for Exoplanet Systems Science network that will study planets beyond our solar system for habitability, tapping the expertise of researchers at GISS and GSFC.
- NASA’s OSIRIS-REx mission to retrieve a sample from an asteroid has passed the critical milestone that represents the transition from development to delivery of systems, testing and integration.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- With the successful completion of the System Integration Review, the project can proceed with assembling and testing the spacecraft in preparation for launch in September 2016.
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- Saturn's northern storm marches through the planet's atmosphere in the top right of this false-color mosaic from NASA's Cassini spacecraft.