Planetary Magnetospheres Laboratory (695) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- Gates opened to the public Sept. 26, 2015, at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, for the first time in four years in celebration of Hubble's 25th anniversary.
- NASA’s Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution spacecraft has been in orbit around Mars for one Earth year. MAVEN was launched on Nov. 18, 2013, and successfully entered Mars orbit on Sept. 21, 2014.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- Goddard scientists discuss the reality of dust storms on Mars, which sometimes kick up enough dust to be seen by telescopes on Earth.
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- NASA's Juno spacecraft is shown in orbit above Jupiter's colorful clouds in this artist's rendering.