Planetary Magnetospheres Laboratory (695) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- If planets had personalities, Mars would be a rock star, according to recent preliminary results from NASA's MAVEN spacecraft.
- NASA’s MAVEN mission, the first mission devoted to understanding the Martian upper atmosphere, completed 1,000 orbits around the Red Planet on April 6, 2015.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- NASA's Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution spacecraft has observed an unexplained high-altitude dust cloud and an aurora that reaches surprisingly deep into the Martian atmosphere.
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- NASA's Juno spacecraft is shown in orbit above Jupiter's colorful clouds in this artist's rendering.