Planetary Magnetospheres Laboratory (695) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- Goddard researchers will lead one of the nine teams selected for NASA's Solar System Exploration Research Virtual Institute (SSERVI) and participate in four others.
- NASA’s Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution, or MAVEN, spacecraft launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station at 1:28 p.m. on Nov. 18 and began its 10-month journey to the Red Planet.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- A Launch Readiness Review on the morning of Nov. 15 gave MAVEN the "go" for launch at 1:28 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 18.
There are no Reports available at this time.
See Laboratory News Archive »
Anne Kinney wins a Presidential Rank Award
Anne Kinney received a 2012 Presidential Rank Award (Meritorious Executive). These awards are given to high-performing senior career employees for "sustained extraordinary accomplishment." Executives from across Government are nominated by their agency heads, evaluated by citizen panels, and designated by the President. Winners of these awards are deemed to be strong leaders, professionals, or scientists who achieve results and consistently demonstrate strength, integrity, industry, and a relentless commitment to excellence in public service.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- NASA's Juno spacecraft is shown in orbit above Jupiter's colorful clouds in this artist's rendering.