Planetary Magnetospheres Laboratory (695) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- NASA's Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution spacecraft has observed an unexplained high-altitude dust cloud and an aurora that reaches surprisingly deep into the Martian atmosphere.
- The first of five scheduled "deep-dip" maneuvers was designed to gather measurements closer to the lower end of Mars' upper atmosphere.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- Early observations from the Mars-orbiting mission reveal details, including a new process by which the solar wind can penetrate deep into a planetary atmosphere.
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- NASA's Juno spacecraft is shown in orbit above Jupiter's colorful clouds in this artist's rendering.