Planetary Magnetospheres Laboratory (695) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- MAVEN already has provided our first look at a storm of energetic solar particles at Mars, mapped atmospheric ozone, and obtained the most complete picture of the planet’s extended upper atmosphere.
- MAVEN’s first observations of the extended upper atmosphere around Mars have come in, revealing hydrogen, oxygen and reflected sunlight, as well as a composite view from 36,500 kilometers.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- NASA’s MAVEN spacecraft successfully entered Mars orbit at 10:24 p.m. EDT Sunday, Sept. 21, where it will prepare to study the Red Planet’s upper atmosphere as no mission has done before.
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- NASA's Juno spacecraft is shown in orbit above Jupiter's colorful clouds in this artist's rendering.