Planetary Magnetospheres Laboratory (695) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- NASA’s MAVEN spacecraft captured an ultraviolet image of hydrogen surrounding comet Siding Spring. The cloud was about a half degree across, comparable in size to Earth’s moon as seen from Earth.
- NASA's newest orbiter at Mars, MAVEN, took precautions to avoid harm from a dust-spewing comet that flew near Mars today and is studying the flyby's effects on the Red Planet's atmosphere.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- MAVEN already has provided our first look at a storm of energetic solar particles at Mars, mapped atmospheric ozone, and obtained the most complete picture of the planet’s extended upper atmosphere.
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- NASA's Juno spacecraft is shown in orbit above Jupiter's colorful clouds in this artist's rendering.