Planetary Magnetospheres Laboratory (695) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- Computer modeling funded by NASA’s Solar System Exploration Research Virtual Institute can predict and visualize interactions between the solar wind, solar radiation, and the surface of asteroids.
- Goddard Space Flight Center contributes in many ways to NASA’s Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution (MAVEN) mission, which will investigate how and why the Red Planet has been losing its atmosphere.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- Once the MAVEN spacecraft reaches Mars, the Solar Wind Ion Analyzer will measure ions in the solar wind to help figure out how and why the planet has been losing its atmosphere over billions of years.
There are no Reports available at this time.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- NASA's Juno spacecraft is shown in orbit above Jupiter's colorful clouds in this artist's rendering.