Astrochemistry Laboratory (691) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- The first of five instruments for NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft, which will collect a sample from an asteroid and bring it back to Earth, has arrived at Lockheed Martin for installation.
- With launch only 15 months away, NASA’s OSIRIS-REx team is preparing to deliver instruments for integration with the spacecraft that will travel to, and collect a sample from, an asteroid.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- The spacecraft completed a maneuver that lowered its orbit to within 20 kilometers (12 miles) above areas near the lunar South Pole, the closest the spacecraft has ever been to the moon's surface.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.