Astrochemistry Laboratory (691) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- Scientists find that vitamin B3, a precursor to a molecule needed for metabolism, could have been made on icy dust grains in space and later delivered to Earth by meteorites and comets.
- From cryogenically frozen marshmallows and pennies to 3D printed supernova, Tuesday’s Science Jamboree filled the atrium in Building 28 with science displays and demonstrations.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- The review demonstrated the team’s progress in developing the procedures to execute the complicated activities needed to return a sample from a primitive asteroid named Bennu.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.