Astrochemistry Laboratory (691) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- The Student Collaboration Experiment on OSIRIS-REx is REXIS, an X-ray instrument that will identify which elements are present on Bennu's surface and measure their abundances.
- OSIRIS-REx will travel to asteroid Bennu, study it and return a sample to Earth for analysis. These goals depend on accurate mapping of Bennu, so the team is gearing up for cartography of an asteroid.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- With the online computer game Kerbal Space Program, players have the option to build a replica of NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft and use it to return an asteroid sample to the home planet Kerbin.
See Laboratory News Archive »
Jason P. Dworkin, chief of Goddard's Astrochemistry Laboratory gave a free lecture on May 24 at the Library of Congress about NASA’s OSIRIS-REx mission, which is scheduled to launch on Sept. 8, 2016.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.