Astrochemistry Laboratory (691) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- Severe solar storms could generate enough electric charge in the top layer of the lunar surface to crack moon dust and may have changed the very nature of the moon's polar soil.
- A NASA-led team of scientists has created detailed 3-D maps of the atmospheres surrounding comets, identifying several gases and mapping their spread at the highest resolution ever achieved.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- The Canadian Space Agency announced that it will furnish a sophisticated laser-based mapping system, designed to create unprecedented 3-D maps of asteroid Bennu, for NASA’s OSIRIS-REx mission.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.