Astrochemistry Laboratory (691) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- With the online computer game Kerbal Space Program, players have the option to build a replica of NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft and use it to return an asteroid sample to the home planet Kerbin.
- Since arriving at Kennedy Space Center on May 20, the OSIRIS-REx spacecraft has been pulled from its shipping container and undergone spin tests as well as a partial solar array deployment test.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- On Sept. 8, NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft is scheduled to launch for terra incognita: the near-Earth asteroid Bennu. Like expeditions of old, the mission will map the exotic terrain it explores.
See Laboratory News Archive »
Jason P. Dworkin, chief of Goddard's Astrochemistry Laboratory gave a free lecture on May 24 at the Library of Congress about NASA’s OSIRIS-REx mission, which is scheduled to launch on Sept. 8, 2016.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.