Astrochemistry Laboratory (691) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- Using modern analytical capabilities, a team of NASA-funded scientists has solved an enduring mystery from the Apollo missions: the origin of organic matter found in lunar samples returned to Earth.
- Researchers found 21 organic molecules in gas from comet Lovejoy (aka C/2014 Q2), including ethyl alcohol and a simple sugar. It’s the first time ethyl alcohol has been detected in a comet.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- The OSIRIS-REx spacecraft is undergoing environmental testing at Lockheed Martin Space Systems facilities, near Denver, Colorado.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.