Astrochemistry Laboratory (691) Highlights
Press Releases & Feature Stories
- The Canadian Space Agency announced that it will furnish a sophisticated laser-based mapping system, designed to create unprecedented 3-D maps of asteroid Bennu, for NASA’s OSIRIS-REx mission.
- New observations from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter reveal more than 200 steep-walled lunar pits, some of which might lead to caves that future astronauts could explore and use for shelter.
See Laboratory Press Releases & Feature Stories Archive »
- In honor of the 45th anniversary of Apollo 11’s touchdown on the moon, NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter offers a fresh perspective on the historic landing site.
- As the Dawn spacecraft travels to its next destination, this mosaic synthesizes some of the best views the spacecraft had of the giant asteroid Vesta.
See Laboratory Image Archive »
- This colorful scene is situated in the Noctis Labyrinthus region of Mars, perched high on the Tharsis rise in the upper reaches of the Valles Marineris canyon system.