Astrophysics Science Division (660) Recent Awards & Honors
SPIE George W. Goddard Award
Samuel Harvey Moseley (660)
- This is given annually by the SPIE in recognition of exceptional achievement in optical or photonic instrumentation for aerospace, atmospheric science, or astronomy. Harvey Moseley received this award in recognition of his extraordinary inventions of superconducting imaging arrays for astronomy, ranging from submillimeter bolometers to energy sensitive X-ray microcalorimeters, and even dark matter detectors, as well as microshutter arrays for the James Webb Space Telescope near IR spectrometer.
AAS Rossi Prize
- Jan, 2013
Alice K Harding (663)
- The award is made jointly to Alice and Dr Roger Romani from Stanford
University. The citation reads "To Alice K Harding and Roger W. Romani for
establishing a theoretical framework for understanding gamma-ray pulsars."
GSFC Honor Award - Science
Anthony J Martino (615), Ross F Nelson (618), Carrie Anderson (693), Michael Ressler
GSFC Honor Award - Outreach
Francis J Reddy (660)
- Citation: For outstanding dedication to public outreach through the media, including exceptional scientific writing and coordination with NASA video producers, resulting in high-impact Astrophysics press releases and features.
GSFC Honor Award - Mentoring
Joan M Centrella (660)
- Citation: For her demonstrated commitment to mentoring women scientists at all stages of their careers, which has resulted in a positive and supportive professional environment for all.
See all Awards »
GSFC Honor Award - Safety
Curtis E Odell (660)
- Citation: For thorough and detailed investigation into the root cause of the laboratory fire in Building 34, Room C259, and his efforts to define and implement a recovery plan.