The Information Technology (IT) Security Group
The Information Technology (IT) Security Group works to maintain the safety and security of the Sciences and Exploration Directorate's computer networks and data. The primary activities of the group include:
- Act as a liaison between the Sciences and Exploration Directorate (Code 600) and the Center's IT Security Office in the Information Technology and Communications Directorate (Code 700).
- Represent the Directorate's interests and IT requirements to the Center and also assists Code 700 by communicating and coordinating Agency and Center IT security policies and initiatives.
- Protect Directorate systems and data from intrusions.
- Ensure that systems, information, and networks meet Agency and Center security requirements.
- Represent the Directorate's interests on Center-level IT and IT security technical committees and working groups;
- Create, review, and test IT security plans for compliance with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Assist Directorate IT staff to implement mandated IT security initiatives.
- Support Center or Agency incident response teams during investigation, containment, and recovery from system compromises.
IT Security Group